From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Evdev keyboard no longer works
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 03:04:27
1 On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 23:11 +0100, Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 13 July 2010 02:04:32 Albert Hopkins wrote:
3 > > Suddenly my multimedia keys stopped working, I think today. I went into
4 > > gnome-keyboard-properties, and it shows that my keyboard model is set to
5 > > "Unknown". For a long time it has always been set to "Evdev managed
6 > > keyboard" but that isn't even on the list anymore. The keyboard
7 > > shortcuts preferences no longer recognize these keys when pressed.
8 > >
9 > > I can't see anything that I upgraded recenlty that could have changed
10 > > this. I did update gnome-applets to 2.30.0 today, but downgrading back
11 > > to 2.28 didn't bring the evdev model back.
12 > >
13 > > Anyone else experience this or have a clue as to what could have
14 > > changed?
15 >
16 > I think I just emerged a new evdev driver and a bunch of X related packages on
17 > two boxen over here. Could it be related to those?
18 >
19 > Have a look at genlop, or manually trawl through your /var/log/emerge.
20
21 Not really sure what's going on now...
22
23 I just restored my entire machine from backup from over a week ago when
24 I *know* it was working, and... it still doesn't work. So perhaps
25 something is going on with the hardware