From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - finding rgb code of the background of an image
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:59:53
1 On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 03:09:44PM -0600, Penguin Lover Michael Sullivan squawked:
2 > Alpha: rgba(0,255,0,1) #00FF0000
3
4 > Background color: black
5
6 > Transparent color: rgba(0,255,0,1)
7
8 > It claims that the background is black, but the gif doesn't show a
9 > background at all, and the BMP shows a green background. Can you see
10
11 The gif doesn't show a background because the "background" is green
12 and the transparent color is set to green.
13
14 And in my opinion whoever created the file in the first place messed
15 up by setting the background color different from the transparent
16 color, but that's just my aesthetics, and not any standards.
17
18 > anything in the listing that I haven't that will help me to know what
19 > color I need to set transparent for the BMP? I tried setting (0, 255,
20
21 hum? I didn't know bitmaps supported transparency...
22
23 > 0, 1) transparent, and it still showed up green.
24
25 apparently they do, somewhat; if the suggestion they give at
26 http://www.msfn.org/board/transparent_bmp_s_t22523.html
27 is correct, what you need to do is to make sure you convert to a
28 paletted bmp and use a little bit of imagemagick to make the (0,0)
29 pixel the right color. I guess you can probably read the original gifs
30 and grep for the transparent color line and set it from there.
31
32 But, I've never seen transparent bmps, so I don't really know.
33
34 W
35 --
36 "What the hell is a functional. And if its called a functional derivative, why
37 can't I get it to work?"
38 ~DeathMech, Some Student. P-town PHY 205
39 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 339 days, 21:16
40 --
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list