From: Kirill Lipatov <kirilllipatov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Valve Steam on gentoo
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 20:42:34
1 The disabling of the in-game chat unfortunately doesn't help my problem
2
3 2009/12/3 Arttu V. <arttuv69@×××××.com>
4
5 > On 12/3/09, Kirill Lipatov <kirilllipatov@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > For some reason Steam fails to start any games on my gentoo box. I am
7 > using
8 > > wine 1.1.32 with the engine itself and the games all downloaded to
9 > gentoo's
10 > > partition (not the ntfs3g problem). Steam itself loads fine, but when I
11 > > click launch the game nothing happens.
12 > >
13 > > This is very said because Steam is the only reason why I still have to
14 > deal
15 > > with Windows :(
16 > >
17 > > Any ideas?
18 >
19 > You have probably already seen this bug and checked if it matches your
20 > problem:
21 >
22 > http://bugs.gentoo.org/230962
23 >
24 > What a lucky discovery the last commenter made there.
25 >
26 > --
27 > Arttu V.
33 Kirill Lipatov