From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clone root from HDD to SSD causes no video with NVIDIA driver
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 06:38:50
1 On 06/09 08:23, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:43:33 AM CEST tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > if even displaying the console login failed, then the hole display
6 > > system has gone nuts...but since the boot process as such (that is:
7 > > the bios prompt right after POSTing) is visible, I would say, that
8 > > there is no physical problem (that is: cable connected to port 2 of
9 > > the monitor while the monitor is switched to port 1 and such).
10 > >
11 > > I would try this:
12 > > Boot your PC, ssh into the PC and download the according
13 > > nvidia-drivers directly from NVIDIA of the same version.
14 > >
15 > > quickpkg the installed drivers and remove them
16 > >
17 > > Check whether /usr/src/linux links to the kernel
18 > > sources of the kernel version you are booting.
19 > >
20 > > Install the NVIDIA-drivers you have downloaded.
21 > >
22 > > Reboot.
23 > >
24 > > Background:
25 > > The portage package does not install nvidia-drivers correctly -
26 > > in my case, X and such works fine but RTX/Optix which is used
27 > > by Blender was defunc. After installing the original package
28 > > and masked the one which came with portage everything works
29 > > fine.
30 > >
31 > > Cheers!
32 > > Meino