From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] setxkbmap -option ctrl:nocaps
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 19:53:47
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm trying to use the CapsLock key as control key. With 'setxkbmap
4 -option ctrl:nocaps' that works --- until I use 'xmodmap' to load my
5 keymap. Once the keymap is loaded, the CapsLock key again works as
6 CapsLock and not as control.
7
8 This worked fine with other distributions. Is there anything special to
9 Gentoo which breaks this?
12 Section "InputClass"
13 Identifier "keyboard-all"
14 Driver "evdev"
15 Option "XkbLayout" "de"
16 Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
17 Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
18 Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
19 MatchIsKeyboard "on"
20 EndSection
23 ~/.xinitrc:
24 [...]
25 setxkbmap -option ctrl:nocaps
26 xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap
27 [...]
30 ~/.Xmodmap:
31 [...]
32 keycode 37 = Control_L NoSymbol Control_L
33 [...]
36 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
37 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.