From: "Aleksandar L. Dimitrov" <aleks_d@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Managing my kernel
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 00:22:10
1 On Mon, 14 May 2007 22:16:04 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 15 May 2007 00:37:57 +0200, Aleksandar L. Dimitrov wrote:
5 >
6 > > Gentoo is actually all about keeping all of the stuff as minimal as
7 > > possible ;)
8 >
9 > Gentoo is all about doing what you want, not what other people think
10 > you should do. It doesn't matter whether you want all modules, all
11 > in-kernel, every module built or a compromise, it's up to you.
14 Well, OK, I should probably add a 'for me' next time.
15
16 Still, the guy asked about opinions - and my opinion I gave. Nothing
17 more: In my opinion keeping stuff simple and slim on the kernel side
18 means reliability and performance. This is an opinion formed by the
19 (admittedly limited) experience I got so far.
20
21 Regards, Aleks
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list