From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Black Screen of Death
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 10:59:49
1 On Friday, 19 July 2019 06:28:56 BST jdm wrote:
2
3 > I have updated firmware line in kernel as this now includes a few extra
4 > lines so not loading all of the available firmware.
5
6 Some time ago I noticed warnings in dmesg which alerted me to the fact the
7 radeon graphics was not finding all the firmware it needed/wanted. I had used
8 the gentoo radeon wiki page, but noticed the same graphics was now also
9 covered in the amdgpu wike page. Anyway, I responded to each dmesg complaint
10 by adding the respective firmware in the kernel and a reboot resolved all
11 problems. In my case I was only getting a black screen trying to wake up the
12 PC after a suspend in RAM, so not exactly the same problem, but similar
13 enough.
14 --
15 Regards,
16