From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian forked, because of systemd brouhaha
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 13:02:02
1 On Sunday 30 Nov 2014 12:29:07 Marc Stürmer wrote:
2 > Am 30.11.2014 um 12:44 schrieb Philip Webb:
3 > > A rather shrewd analysis ; the name 'Devuan' adds to my suspicions.
4 >
5 > Well, the people behind it claim to be mostly from Italy and this should
6 > be pronounced like "DevOne."
7 >
8 > People so far who have published their names do include:
9 >
10 > - Franco Lanza (who fixed a misconfiguration at the nginx setup of
11 > devuan.org he claimed) and
12 > - Teodoro Santoni, who claimed to be a junior-jack-of-all-trades in the
13 > original VUA group, going to be a maintainer of whatever is going to be
14 > needed.
15 >
16 > Source:
17 > https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/thread/20141127.212941.f55acc3a.en.html#20141
18 > 127.212941.f55acc3a
19 >
20 > This still leaves quite in the dark who's the initiator behind it, which
21 > kind of leadership there's at the moment - or is there none?
22 >
23 > And, of course, the possible other people being involved so far.
26 The request for funding when not much code has been written yet makes me
27 suspicious. Nevertheless, I support moving away from a RHL sponsored
28 monolithic binary and hopefully if not today it will happen eventually.
31 Regards,
32 Mick