From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth and KDE Connect
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 09:45:00
1 On Monday, 21 September 2020 09:40:08 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday, 21 September 2020 05:54:23 BST Andrew Udvare wrote:
3 > > KDE Connect works over wi-fi by having your phone and computer on the same
4 > > network. You must run the app on your phone and it should see your
5 > > computer
6 > > if it is running KDE Connect.
7 > >
8 > > Make sure you allow the KDE Connect ports in your firewall. 1714-1764 for
9 > > UDP and TCP.
10 > >
11 > > Bluetooth services from your phone are not related to KDE Connect.
12 >
13 > That explains it. I wonder why the docs don't mention that anywhere - at
14 > least I tried to find it and failed. The connection dialogue box even
15 > refers to device pairing, which is a Bluetooth term.
16
17 I should have asked: is there something like KDE Connect but using Bluetooth?
18 Or a direct USB link? My WiFi is served by the Billion router, and as far as I
19 can see it's permanently isolated from the LAN. Mind you, the manual is a
20 12.4MB PDF, so I might well have missed something.
23 Regards,
24 Peter.