From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Getting to grips with S/MIME in Kmail
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:28:43
1 Hi All,
2
3 I am trying to set up S/MIME in Kmail. When I select the 'S/MIME
4 Singing Certificate' field in Kmail/Identities/Cryptography/ it fails
5 to find my key.
6
7 The error pop up says:
8 =============================
9 Key Listing Failed - Kmail
10 An error occurred while fetching the keys from the backend:
11 General error
12 =============================
13
14 I click OK and:
15 =============================
16 No backends found for listing keys. Check your installation.
17 =============================
18
19 I generated my key pair following the Gentoo Gnupg user guide and had
20 no problem entering the key in 'OpenPGP Signing Key' and 'OpenPGP
21 encruption key', under the same Kmail crypto configuration tab.
22
23 Are there any additional steps I need to undertake to make Kmail work
24 with S/MIME? Does it need different keys? What backend is the above
25 error referring to?
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick