From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS for Pentium Dual Core E2160 ?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 00:00:35
1 Neil Bothwick schrieb:
2 > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:34:40 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> I found some notes on the net "amd64 is for x86_64", unsure about
5 >>>> that ...
6 >>> That's right, the architecture was originally for the AMD 64-bit
7 >>> chips.
8 >> Thanks for clearing that, not very intuitive .... :)
9 >
10 > It was when the only x86_64 chips were AMD, and changing the name now
11 > would be almost as confusing.
12
13 Ok, I understand that fact, but it wouldn't hurt to have some info or
14 even a HOWTO on gentoo.org or the gentoo-Wiki for current CPUs, listing
15 some kind of table like
16
17 CPU | target system |
18 Core2Duo | 32bit | 64bit |
19 livecd/arch | i686 | amd64 |
20
21 or similar.
22
23 I tried to find something like that for quite some time, I assume not to
24 be the most stupid guy out there, but wasn't able to find something
25 telling me explicitly how to start and which media to use.
26
27 Just a minor note ...
28
29 Thanks again, Stefan