From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Virtualization where to go from VMWare-Server-1?
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 20:04:31
1 On 08/28/2010 03:21 AM, Petri Rosenström wrote:
2 > I think it requires HVM ( egrep '^flags.*(vmx|svm)' /proc/cpuinfo )
3 > from the CPU. So if kvm doesn't work you may use your VMs with qemu.
4 > Qemu/kvm supports VMware disc format so you might be able to use your
5 > old VMs without much effort.
6
7 I find that vbox is *much* faster than qemu in the absence of hardware
8 virtualization support. The vbox devs say their graphics driver is what
9 makes it faster.