From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network manager [ control of wireless and wired interafaces]
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 18:35:34
1 2015-03-11 7:16 GMT-06:00 German <gentgerman@×××××.com>:
2 > On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 12:38:08 +0000
3 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:14:13 -0400, German wrote:
6 >>
7 >> > > > eix-e: command not found. What to do?
8 >> > >
9 >> > > Insert a space between "eix" and "-e".
10 >> > >
11 >> >
12 >> > Same result - command not found
13 >>
14 >> emerge eix, then run eix-update as root.
15 >
16 > Ok, done that. Indeed there are anything related to x11-lib, but when I do emerge --ask net-misc/networkmanager I see x11-proto and x11-libs to be emerged. Use variable is set to "-X". Anyone can shed a light on this? How can I emerge networkmanager without X dependencies? Thanks so much
17
18 If you want an easy way of configuring wirless without GUI use wicd
19 and the wicd curses client(enabled via USE flag), NetworkManager is
20 simpler to use with a GUI, the CLI client is not so easy to use, but
21 if you want to, make sure none of the GUI related use flags are set
22 e.g. gtk qt X emerge it, and then read and search info(man, google)
23 about nmcli.