From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync not deleting removed directory and drive PW DIS 3.3v question
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 20:18:18
1 Am Fri, Sep 02, 2022 at 03:35:56AM -0500 schrieb Dale:
2
3 > time rsync -auv --progress --delete /home/dale/Desktop/Crypt/Video/*
4 > /mnt/10tb/Video/
5
6 A little OT, but still related:
7 Instead of -v, give -i a try. -v only shows you the path of synced files. In
8 addition to that, -i also shows you *why* a file is synced and what exactly is
9 synced (the whole file, or only permissions or timestamps or other attributes).
12 An example:
13
14 ## create source and destination dir, and a source file
15 $ mkdir a b
16 $ touch a/foo
17
18 ## rsync the -v way
19 $ rsync -av a/ b/
20 sending incremental file list
21 ./
22 foo
25 ## update timestamp of first file, create another file, and rsync with -i
26 $ touch a/{foo,bar}
27
28 $ rsync -ai a/ b/
29 .d..t...... ./
30 >f+++++++++ bar
31 >f..t...... foo
32
33 See what it did there? Rsync tells you that it copied the new file "bar",
34 but "foo" only had its timestamp changed, the same as for the root dir,
35 because we added a file to it.
39 Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
40 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
41
42 Three nuns cycle along a country road.
43 1: “I’ve never come this way before.”
44 2: “It’s the cobblestones.”