From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Batch audio converter?
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:12:54
1 quoth the Mark Knecht:
2 > Hi,
3 > I've got about 200GB of OGG and FLAC files on my local machine. My
4 > son bought an iPod and wants me to do a batch conversion to mp3. Can
5 > anyone recommend something in portage that can do this in more or less
6 > a single step? Directory hierarchy is basically
7 > band/album/audio_files.
8 >
9 > Extra points I suppose if it can write the output to a different
10 > machine across the network - Windows XP or Gentoo - so that I don't
11 > have to deal with storage issues in this end.
12 >
13 > Thanks,
14 > Mark
15
16 Not in portage, but I am author of sneetchalizer. Will do what you need plus
17 preserve the meta-tags:
18
19 http://badcomputer.org/unix/code/sneetchalizer/
20
21 -d
22 --
23 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
24 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
25 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
26 --
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list