From: Lance Lassetter <lance@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg uses vt8 instead of vt7 after logging out of gnome
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 02:35:56
1 On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 05:32 +0300, Yiannis wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I have noticed this strange behavior on my gentoo box. After logging
5 > out of gnome, gdm and the subsequent gnome session use vt8 instead of
6 > vt7(which was used till that time). All following sessions continue
7 > using vt8.
8 > Has anybody else noticed such behavior?
9 >
10 > Regards
11 >
12 > Yiannis
13 >
14 Yep. vt7 to login then switched to vt8 after logging in. So if you
15 ctrl+alt+f1 you get console tty1 and if at the gdm screen you're still
16 at vt7. If you log in then instead of ctrl+alt+vt7 to get back into
17 gnome you ctrl+alt+vt8.
18
19 Dunno why :) Used to be standard vt7 and vt8 was used for launching
20 another session of X.
21
22 Lance