From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg slow after upgrade
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:33:32
1 On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:28:28 +0100
2 Krzysztof Poc wrote:
3
4 > Hello I've recently upgraded my system and I found that Xorg redraws
5 > the screen very slowly. "top" shows me that "X" process takes up
6 > around 95% of the CPU while I have Intel Core 2 Duo.
7 >
8 > What's wrong with my system ?
9 >
10 > I have the following installed:
11 > kernel 2.6.30.7 #3 SMP (without PAE)
12 > xorg-server-1.6.3.901-r2
13 > xorg-x11-7.4-r1
14 > xf86-video-intel-2.8.1
15 >
16 > I've also successfully migrated to X.org Server 1.6 and libxcb 1.4 as
17 > written in official gentoo documentation.
18
19 Xorg.0.log shows something interesting? Cause I had similar issue and
20 found strange messages there....
21
22 > great thanks for any indications
23 cheers,
26 Arnau Bria
27 http://blog.emergetux.net
28 Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity