From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OFFTOPIC}: Does the MSI Tomahawk MAX is able to boot from a M2 SSD?
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 05:13:29
1 > On Mar 19, 2020, at 23:29, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 >
3 > Beside speed and cost:
4 > Is there any difference between using a M2 SATA SSD
5 > or a M2 NVMe SSD?
6
7 I can tell you there's a huge difference in speed as NVMe is essentially the same as plugging directly to PCI-E. m.2 SATA is basically for backward compatibility with older OS.
8 >
9 > Does these drives are working with UEFI boot and
10 > Legacy boot when it comes to boot Linux?
11
12 You shouldn't have a problem with either. I've been booting with my own signed Grub for years with UEFI secure boot.
13
14 If for some reason the motherboard won't take your self-made certificates/etc, return it.
15
16 Andrew