From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USE flag order confusion
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 02:03:25
1 I want to use a global USE flag of -sasl in make.conf.
2
3 However when I use it there it has no effect on emerges of things that
4 it should effect:
5
6 I don't have actual output from the commands below because I'm in the
7 throws of an install from scratch and have only ftp for remote access
8 so far.
9
10 cat /etc/make.conf
11 CFLAGS="-Os -march=pentium4 -pipe"
12 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
13 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
14 USE="mysql tetex symlinks kde qt dvd alsa cdr -imap -maildir -sasl"
15 GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/ http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.ucsb.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/gentoo/"
16
17 Used like this I still see a `+sasl' when I emerge -v -p sendmail.
18
19 Using it on the emerge command line has the desired effect. That is,
20 USE="-sasl" emerge -v -p sendmail shows `-sasl' as expected.
21
22 Why doesn't it work with the entry in /etc/make.conf?
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list