From: laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tunneling or redirect attack?
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 18:47:11
1 Willie Wong a écrit :
2 > On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 04:07:44PM +0100, Penguin Lover laurent squawked:
3 >
4 >> Is it a common thing, or really easy to do, to redirect the content from a
5 >> server to another one?
6 >>
7 >> Like launching an lil app telling the port to listen and then get all data
8 >> travelling there??
11 > You need to be a bit more precise about what you mean...
12 >
13 > If you are talking about client A sitting behind router B which
14 > interfaces with Big Scary Internet C, then it is trivial for the
15 > router B to have a transparent proxy or some other form of package
16 > re-write that redirects your traffic.
17 >
18 > If you are talking about client A and server B and server C then it is
19 > also trivial for server B to redirect all its traffic to server C.
20 >
21 > If you are talking about client A and server B and Bad server C and
22 > attacker D, I don't see how in general the attacker D can redirect
23 > traffic from B to C, unless D somehow sits on the only node that
24 > connects A to B (in which case you are essentially back to scenario
25 > 1). (Yes yes, there are DNS injections and what nots, but in essence
26 > they are just variations of scenario 1.)
27 >
28 > There are also other possible scenarios. So please describe in a bit
29 > more detail what you are thinking of and why you care.
30 >
31 > Cheers,
32 >
33 > W
38 I was talking about the A,B,C,D case. You say this is not common or easy
39 to achieve.
40 I was interested on how work tunneling and what are the possibilies of
41 its use.
42 I will read that first:
43 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_tunnel
44