From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 20:00:42
1 On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Christopher Robinson
2 <chrisrobinson@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Thanks again for your response. After compiling I get the prompt: live cd # ~
4 > I do not know what command to use to boot the install. I looked through the manual
5 > but I did not see an answer for this. The directions seemed to apply to a very
6 > different install scenario.
7
8 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Bootloader#Rebooting_the_system
9
10 That is the last step after configuring the bootloader (if you don't
11 configure the bootloader first you won't be able to boot the system).
12 Are you sure you completed all the steps in the handbook? I'm not
13 sure what you were compiling as there are a few places where this can
14 happen.
17 Rich