From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 14:25:12
1 Going back and re-reading finds this answer to my other last question -
2 also from you Neil (so thanks again!)...
3
4 But I'm curious...
5
6 On 2013-08-01 2:43 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
7 > On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 12:28:38 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
8 >
9 >> >I've googled until my fingers are blue, but cannot for the life of me
10 >> >find any explicit instructions for*how* to switch from udev to eudev.
11 > emerge -Ca udev
12 > emerge -1a eudev
13 >
14 > But there's not a lot of point as eudev isn't that different to udev now,
15 > AFAICT, and a recent update forced me to switch back to udev because
16 > eudev hadn't been updated (on ~amd64).
17
18 Can you elaborate on what this update was that forced you to go back to
19 regular udev? This is the only 'concern' that I have right now, and
20 this is the first comment I've seen from anyone about anything like this...
21
22 Thanks again,
23
24 Charles