From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re:Re: Problem with sound card
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:08:18
1 On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> 2011/10/25 Lavender <lavender_matrix@×××.com>:
5 >>>>You have to have the the correct drivers and alsa-utils emerge.
6 >>>>Good luck
7 >>> Yeah, I rebuilt my kernel according to documentation which relative
8 >>> to ALSA . FInally I have configured all of them perfectly , ha,
9 >>> it's really not easy :-)
10 >>
11 >> You should have seen how 'really not easy' ALSA was 10 years ago! ;-)
12 >
13 > Or that commercial linux sound driver package... I don't even remember
14 > what it was called anymore.
15
16 OSS I think - something like Open Sound System or some such other
17 crazy thing, being it was neither Open nor most of the time for me
18 produced Sound on my System. ;-)
19
20 I think there is still support for it in the kernel. Go figure...
21
22 - Mark