From: Wang Xuerui <idontknw.wang@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What (free) remote desktop do you use
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:35:46
1 2013/8/15 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > some recent updates of X11, gtk++ or glib has broken the possibility to use
5 > some gnome3 applications (like a recent balsa)
6 > via nxclient.
7 >
8 > Since NX3's internal X-server has some known deficiencies and Nomachine has
9 > stopped the development of NX3 and
10 > has closed sources of NX4, I am in need for some replacement since 'ssh
11 > -Y' is dead slow even on an 15 megabit/sec connection.
12 >
13 > What remote desktop do you use?
14 >
15 > Many thanks for your hints,
16 > Helmut
19 Hello, you can try adding -C (enable gzip compression) to ssh
20 commandline first to see if the speed is acceptable. I once used it on
21 a 10Mbps LAN connection, and the decrease in bandwidth consumption is
22 impressive while not causing too much CPU load.