From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: USB Problems
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:12:12
1 Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > Same with UMTS Stick. I take in USB say networkmanager should call but
5 > > nothing happen. A short try only for a moment very short moment thats
6 > > all.
7
8 > I've never had to set up a USB modem myself, but I've found an article
9 > on gentoo wiki, this seems to cover the topic in question.
10 > Did you set up your device by following the instructions given in that
11 > article, or did you do it some other way?
12 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/USB_mobile_broadband_modem
15 Likewise, I have not specific experience with your modem[1].
16 That said, I'd research how several other popular Linux distros (like
17 ubuntu, debian, etc) support such a modem. Note the software and config
18 files used in another linux distro [2] and then implement a similar solution
19 that works for Gentoo.
20
21 hth,
22 James