From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adsl, pptp, iptables
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 05:47:01
1 On 23 Aug 2008, at 21:09, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > ...
3 > 1. eth0 IP address,
4 > 2. adsl modem IP address eth0 is connected with,
5 > 3. dedicated IP address for ppp0 interface after connecting to...
6 > 4. ... provider's pptp server with another, fourth, IP address.
7
8 Could you try explaining this again, please?
9
10 The adsl modem will not be "connected with" eth0, because the ADSL
11 modem will (surely?) be ppp0.
12
13 > The aim is to close all incoming traffic except for, say, httpd port.
16 As I'm reading it you can simply firewall all unsolicited incoming on
17 ppp0 - ignoring all other interfaces - then open port 80. But since
18 your explanation doesn't make sense I can't be sure I'm not missing
19 something.
20
21 Stroller.