From: Gustavo Campos <gucampos@××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Accept all versions but 9999
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 03:12:11
1 Hi there.
2
3 I have a "stable" system (I don't have ~x86 set), but I like to have
4 the latest versions of some specific software (kde, gnome, amarok,
5 alsa, pulseaudio, wine and so on). To achieve that, I've been using
6 autounmask with the parameter -n. When I have a package I want to keep
7 in the latest version, I just autounmask -n package, so all the
8 dependencies are unmasked and no version number is appended.
9
10 That works fine, but I like to have the latest released versions,
11 which means I usually want to get away from the *9999 ebuilds. The
12 trouble is, when I use autounmask without version numbers, those 9999
13 packages usually are choosen by portage, for being the effective
14 latest ones.
15
16 I would like to know if there is a way for me to unmask (automatically
17 if possible) all versions BUT the 9999 ones, so I have the latest
18 releases but the less CVS/Beta packages as possible.
19
20 Any ideas?
23 Gustavo Campos
24
25 Ciência da Computação / Computer Science - UFMG
26 --
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list