From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash installation?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:00:46
1 On 10/26/2009 07:54 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > ,,,after upgrading Firefox (->3.014) I was remembered
6 > to install the Adobe Flash plugin.
7 >
8 > I first tried to install it via emerge which fails --
9 > Firefox does not "see" the installation (yes, JavaScript
10 > was enabled and NoScript instructed accordingly).
11 >
12 > From the Adobe website I downloaded the newest Flash plugin
13 > for Linux in tar.gz.
14 > Unpacking the archive only shed daylight on a library --
15 > the installation, which was mentioned by Adobe was missing.
16 >
17 > So...how can I install Adobe Flashplayer or any other useable
18 > alternative?
19
20 You emerge it. If it doesn't work, then it's not because it's designed
21 not to work, but because of some problem, obviously. In that case, you
22 might want to file a bug about it (after making sure you tried with a
23 clean firefox profile first).
24
25 For reference, my system is AMD64, with
26 www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.5.3-r1, and
27 www-plugins/adobe-flash-10.0.32.18 [64bit multilib -32bit] and it works
28 without problems.