From: "Morten K. Holt" <thawk@××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't print from firefox, but CUPS says OK, also poppler
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:24:29
1 Xavier Parizet wrote:
2 > On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:59:50 +0200, Morten Holt <thawk@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >>>> At Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:18:58 -0400 Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
5 >>>> wrote:
6 >>>>
7 >>>>> For some reason printing from firefox has stopped working.
8 >>>>> When I ^P or file-->print and select a printer (there are two),
9 >>>>> the "print" button is greyed out. With "print to file", the button is
10 >>>>> live and the pdf file is successfully created
11 >>>>>
12 >>>>> I can print via lpr.
13 >>>>>
14 >>>>> If, in firefox, I goto localhost:631 (the cups home page on this
15 >>>>> machine),
16 >>>>> I can print test pages to either machine.
17 >>>>>
18 >>>>> Is there a way I can ask firefox to tell me why the print button is
19 >>>>> greyed out?
20 >>>> Some further information.
21 >>>> Evince has the same situation, "print" is greyed out.
22 > Sounds like the same issue I have, do you get log entries like:
23 > Request from "localhost" using invalid Host: field "::1"
24 > in /var/log/cups/error_log?
25 >
26 >> For this error, it's because you have an entry ::1 (equivalent for
27 >> 127.0.0.1 in IPv6) for localhost in your /etc/hosts.
28 >> To solve, either remove the ::1 localhost entry in /etc/hosts, or add ipv6
29 >> use flag to cups.
30 No, I don't, that was one of the first things I checked, nothing has
31 changed on the system other than CUPS being recently updated.
34 > If you find a solution to this, please let me know here, I can't seem to
35 > find a solution to the issue, and appearantly nobody has any ideas.
39 Morten 'T-Hawk' Holt
40 In the joy of anticipation there's the anticipatory
41 letdown of anticipating not anticipating anticipation
42 of some future anticipation.