From: Nico <dragoonway@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netscape-flash masking
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:26:33
1 2007/7/16, Daniel <danstemporaryaccount@×××××.ca>:
2 >
3 > On July 15, 2007 03:09:41 pm »Q« wrote:
4 > > I emerged netscape-flash-9.0.48.0 before it was masked. I assume that
5 > > emerge got the correct tarball, else it would have been caught by the
6 > > checksum checking, and because about:plugins in Firefox says
7 > > "File name: libflashplayer.so Shockwave Flash 9.0 r48".
8 > >
9 > > I guess I'm seeking reassurance that my understanding is correct, that
10 > > I have the version with the vulnerability fixed.
11 >
12 > I can't tell you if you've got the "right" one, but I can warn you not to
13 > un-merge it... there doesn't appear to be a replacement available just
14 > yet :-)
18 I've uninstall netscape-flash because of a problem with files in my
19 ~/.mozilla/plugins/ but, now it's hard masked, do I (we) have to use the
20 media-libs/libflash instead ?
21 thx for advice