From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Integrated ZFS for Gentoo - WAS Re: [gentoo-user] Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:29:13
1 On 2013-08-31 7:04 AM, Joerg Schilling
2 <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Everything is dynamic, you would however put a lot of effort into the linux
4 > kernel to get to that state...e.g. automated major device numbering.
5
6 ??? I've been running my servers without modules since... I started
7 running servers.
8
9 Servers are not like desktops - constantly changing devices. They - in
10 most cases - *are* static, and most people *want* them that way.
11
12 Regardless, please do *not* distract this thread with arguments about
13 it. If you don't want or see the benefit, fine, just ignore this thread.