From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] getting firmware for orinoco pcmcia card
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:36:43
1 I am installing gentoo on an old machine without wireless builtin.
2
3 I have a hermes/orinoco pcmcia card that works fine. Indeed the
4 wireless "works fine", but is not right.
5
6 When booting there is a very long delay at the net.eth1 and the system
7 wants the agere_sta_fw.bin firmware. If you wait it out, it eventually
8 proceeds and the wireless works. I assume I should be getting the
9 firmware, but I don't know from where. I did emerge the orinoco-fwutils
10 but that doesn't have firmware or say where to get it.
11
12 Any help would be appreciated.
13
14 thanks,