From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] script in /etc/cron.daily never runs
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:21:24
1 >> I have a script in /etc/cron.daily that never runs. It works properly
2 >> when run manually and it's been in there for weeks (and a reboot or two).
3 >>
4 >> I'm using vixie-cron.
5 >
6 > cron.daily doesn't get run from cron. gets run out of anacron....do you
7 > have anacron installed?
8
9 Sorry, John, that's not quite right. Vixie cron should handle the
10 /etc/cron.* directories automatically.
11
12 Fcron, what I'm using, does not and requires additions to root's crontab to
13 get them to work.
14
15 To the OP, is a) vixie cron actually running, b) the scripts in the
16 directories have the execution permissions, and c) any output in the log
17 files indicating why vixie cron might not be executing them?
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list