From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] YP domain name in baselayout 1.12
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:51:04
1 On 8/14/06, Fredrik Tolf <fredrik@×××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > That does lead me to another question, though -- the
3 > interface-boundedness of these settings makes me a bit suspicious.
4 > Will /etc/init.d/net.* start rewriting /etc/resolv.conf
5 > and/or /etc/yp.conf for me or something like that, and will the NIS
6 > domain name be kept unset if net.eth0 fails to start for some or another
7 > reason?
8
9 >From browsing /lib/rcscripts/net, it looks like you can get the old
10 behavior by binding to the lo interface. So use nis_domain_lo,
11 nis_servers_lo, etc....
12
13 -Richard
14 --