From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Why is Gentoo so slow when internet is out?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:23:13
1 On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 18:40 -0300, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Michael Sullivan wrote:
6 > > I don't have a full DNS server for my domain. Each computer on my
7 > > network has a copy of the same /etc/hosts file. Is there some way I can
8 > > make it use that for DNS lookups locally?
9 >
10 > Edit /etc/host.conf - it's well commented.
11 >
12 > dnsmasq reads and provides dns resolution based on /etc/hosts, too. additionlly, check your
13 > /etc/resolv.conf. a "nameserver 127.0.0.1" line should be present, if you want to avoid contacting
14 > the internet for dns lookups, if so your system configured.
15 >
16 > - --
17 > Arturo "Buanzo" Busleiman - www.buanzo.com.ar
18 > Consultor en Seguridad Informatica / Dominio Digital TV - Da FOSS man!
19 > KTP Consultores - info AT ktpconsultores.com.ar
20 >
21 > Romper un sistema de seguridad los acerca tanto a ser hackers como el
22 > encender autos puenteando los convierte en ingenieros automotrices.
23
24 The loopback address wasn't in my /etc/resolv.conf, so I added it and
25 restarted net.eth0....
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list