From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 4.14.7 no longer switches to VT7
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 07:00:20
1 That sounds like a possible issue with your X configuration.
2
3 Did you double check /etc/conf.d/xdm and the like to make sure that
4 your VT is indeed set to 7.
5
6 Also double check your display manager configuration.
7
8 If your manual VT switch works fine I'd suspect a misbehaving display
9 manager possibly being confused by bad configuration
10