From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What MTA to use to receiving mail for local users?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 21:24:23
1 On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 08:09:48PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > qmail hasn't been touched since 2007, so it seems to be abandoned.
4
5 That's somewhat of an exaggeration. qmail has been public domain since
6 2007, and its core hadn't been touched for about a decade before that.
7 Due to the way the project was shepherded, the normal way it developed
8 was by circulating patches, and that's still the way things are.
9
10 There's an active mailing list for qmail at qmail@××××××××××.to. I think
11 the software is still being developed, but I couldn't cite the site.
12
13 Certainly, qmail is still in use. I like it.
16 > --
17 > Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Nipples, dimples,
18 > at knuckles, NICKLES,
19 > gmail.com wrinkles, pimples!!
22 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).