From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtual problem : how can I unmerge Nano ?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:49:39
1 On Tuesday 29 Apr 2014 08:19:15 Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > I sometimes have the feeling Portage's behaviour is not fully thought out
4 > & often that Portage advisory messages are written by Martians (grin).
5
6 Regular readers* will know that I have my problems with portage from time to
7 time, but accusing it of those sins is going much too far, grin or not.
8
9 It's very well thought out (with the possible exception of subslots, which
10 I'll leave for others to comment on) and manages the installed system
11 extremely well. I'd hate to have to start from scratch with a replacement for
12 it.
13
14 Come back in a month and I'm sure you'll feel better about it :-)
15
16 * Off-topic note for American readers: as far as I'm concerned, "regular"
17 does not mean "ordinary". That neologism is even polluting our high streets
18 over here.
21 Regards
22 Peter