From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Udev error and how to fix it.
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:15:05
1 Zeerak Mustafa Waseem wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 01:19:31PM -0400, Willie Wong wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 04:37:28PM +0100, Zeerak Mustafa Waseem wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:44:06PM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 06:13:07 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
9 >>>>
10 >>>>
11 >>>>> Have you tried Mutt (smile) ?
12 >>>>>
13 >>>> Not if it uses HAL :)
14 >>>>
15 >>>>
16 >>> Hells to the no.
17 >>>
18 >>> I use mutt. I can definately recommend it from this side of the HAL-free ocean :-)
19 >>>
20 >> I think Neil is rather aware of the fact that Mutt doesn't use HAL,
21 >> but was cracking a joke at Dale's rather well-known dislike of it.
22 >> </pedant>
23 >>
24 >> Cheers,
25 >>
26 >> W
27 >>
28 >> --
29 >> Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
30 >> Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
31 >> et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton
34 > Dear God, I think I left my brain in the fridge this morning. I usually always look to see if Dale has been involved in a thread if HAL is mentioned :-)
38 I wouldn't have minded hal if it had worked. I tried at least 4 or 5
39 times to get it working and it never did. Maybe it is my hardware,
40 maybe it is the software or some combination of both. It just didn't
41 work. Having to pull the plug on my box without a shutdown is what
42 really sealed the deal. At least Seamonkey, which likes to send blank
43 messages, doesn't cause such havoc on my box.
44
45 Still looking forward to the new package. I just hope it has plain text
46 config files. Something the average user can deal with without a rocket
47 science degree.
48
49 Dale
50