From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] low risk network bridge
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 15:26:01
1 On 07.05.2015 13:21, R0b0t1 wrote:
2
3 > Unfortunately I don't think this produces VM interfaces that are
4 > visible outside of the subnet. I made some live changes a while ago
5 > (and need to figure out what they were - probably routing stuff). In
6 > any case, you should be able to create the tap devices and bridge them
7 > without losing connectivity. From there you can get the guests visible
8 > from the outside.
9
10 thanks!
11
12 but ... I got it working with macvtap today ;-)
13
14 To me this looks more elegant and efficient anyway ... I will read a bit
15 more about that when things calm down here.
16
17 In the current mode "VEPA" the host itself can't reach the VM ... that
18 does not matter in that setup ... but it would matter for me if I set up
19 my local VMs that way (but I have a bridge here locally so that does not
20 matter)
21
22 busy days, much to learn ... ;-)
23