From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alexander Bernsten <alexander@××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody have a Gentoo KVM image to share?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:29:27
1 On 05/13/2013 03:36 AM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > If anyone have a Gentoo KVM image (preferably 10G or less) to share,
3 > please email the details on how to obtain a copy. I will be using it
4 > for development, so the simpler it is the better, with working networking.
5 >
6 > The reason I'm asking here is because I'm lazy and don't want to do
7 > work that somebody else has already done. Hopefully sharing it here
8 > will save someone else time as well, so please reply to the list and
9 > CC me (in case I forget to check the archives, as I don't subscribe to
10 > this list).
11
12 I wrote a Gentoo install script last spring that I was beginning to
13 update for building KVM guests a couple weeks ago (until my VM host
14 hardware up began spontaneously rebooting on me without leaving a trace
15 in hardware logs...).
16
17 I can have another go at it. Any preference for disk size or layout?
18 Running the script involves (obviously) a great deal of compiling, but
19 it results in a fully up-to-date system CFLAGS and USE settings as
20 specified up front...
21
22 https://github.com/mikemol/gentoo-install