From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] minimal installation CD iso is where?, &&
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 02:23:48
1 After reading
2 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:X86/Installation/Media#Minimal_installation_CD
3 which does not link to it until after its first mention I spent considerable
4 time on http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/gentoo/ trying to find one. The only iso
5 files I managed to find are DVD size. When I reach the location that I think
6 should list them,
7 http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/gentoo/releases/x86/autobuilds/current-iso (aka
8 www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo), I consistently get this instead:
9
10 http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/images/bucket.jpg
11 Sorry, we cannot find your kernels
12
13 I really wanted to install by booting from an installed Linux anyway, but
14 first command after extracting stage and chrooting, I got this:
15
16 failed to run command '/bin/bash': Exec format error
17
18 When I attempted to find the stage file to download in the first place, they
19 all seemed to be arch-agnostic, so this is the one I tried (newest pre-Grub2):
20
21 http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo/releases/sh/autobuilds/20120323/sh4-unknown-linux-gnu/stage3-sh4-20120307.tar.bz2
22
23 Kernel booted from is Debian Jessie's 3.16.0-4-amd64, on a Core2Duo E8400, so
24 I'm confused why the apparent arch error message. ???
27 "The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant
28 words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)
29
30 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!
31
32 Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/