From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] router vpn passthrough
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 21:57:29
1 On 08/24/2019 02:03 PM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On 24 August 2019 21:47:16 CEST, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> My old router Asus RT-N16 was running DD-WRT and OpenVPN passthrough
4 >> was
5 >> running perfectly. But the router went down.
6 >>
7 >> I just got a new one D-Link DIR-878 but it seem to me it does not
8 >> support OpenVPN passthrough.
9 >> I can not establish connection with a remote OpenVPN server.
10 >>
11 >> Can anybody recommend a router that will work with OpenVPN.
12 >
13 > OpenVPN works using similar connectivity as other applications. As long as the router doesn't do anything strange it should just work.
14 >
15 > I would only expect issues with ipsec and similar protocols.
16 >
17 > Has anything happened at the remote server?
18 >
19 > --
20 > Joost
21 >
22 IPSec (VPN) is enable on this router. Remote host was working OK so I
23 don't know what can be at issue.
26 Joseph