From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mythtv artwork issues
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 04:27:09
1 Hi all,
2
3 Back when I was running 0.26, mythtv would automatically download cover
4 art, banners, and wallpaper.
5
6 Since upgrading to 0.27, this hasn't happened. I did discover that 0.26
7 was dropping everything into the default storage group (i.e. my
8 recordings directory) and the grabber was complaining about writes. So
9 I've set up separate storage groups for each one, each being in their
10 own directory.
11
12 I manually ran:
13 `mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-rules`
14 `mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all`
15 `mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork`
16
17 And it did update coverart, but no banners or fanart. I can go into
18 recording rules and do this manually, but even if I set the banners and
19 fanart and go to the watch recordings screen the only things shown in
20 the cover art (DVD cover).
21
22 Is the fanart/cover art/banners all retrieved automatically by the backend?
23
24 I'm using the Arclight theme and I remember all of this working without
25 intervention. I'm just curious to know what went wrong and if someone
26 else bumped across this issue.
27
28 I ran mythfrontend from the console and no errors appear.
29
30 The backend log lists this:
31 2014-11-14 19:56:36.742166 W [9776/10185] ProcessRequest
32 ringbuffer.cpp:658 (Start) -
33 RingBuf(/mnt/mythstorage/fanart//ttvdb.py_257655_fanart.jpg): Not
34 starting read ahead thread, this is a write only RingBuffer
35
36 The backend and frontend are separate, could this be an issue sending
37 the artwork from the backend to the frontend?
40 Dan