From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USB crucial file recovery
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:25:49
1 >> Is there a
2 >> filesystem that will make that unnecessary and exhibit better
3 >> reliability than NTFS?
4 >
5 > Yes, FAT. It works and works well.
6 > Or exFAT which is Microsoft's solution to the problem of very large
7 > files on FAT.
10 FAT32 won't work for me since I need to use files larger than 4GB. I
11 know it's beta software but should exfat be more reliable than ntfs?
14 > Which NTFS system are you using?
15 >
16 > ntfs kernel module? It's quite dodgy and unsafe with writes
17 > ntfs-ng on fuse? I find that one quite solid
20 I'm using ntfs-ng as opposed to the kernel option(s).
21
22 - Grant