From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] question about files as disks
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:25:38
1 I'm helping some people using gentoo and one of the tasks is the
2 production of flash memory updates for the firewall. The script for
3 producing flash images contains calculations determining sector offsets
4 so that the disk image can be treated as a partitioned disk.
5
6 Is there anyway to treat a file as if it were a physical disk from the
7 partitioning through mounting of each individual partition and its
8 unmounting? I can keep doing it the clumsy error-prone way if I need to
9 him but I was just trying to find out if there was an option that
10 reduced the opportunity for mistakes.
11
12 ---eric
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list