From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] question about files as disks
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:25:38
I'm helping some people using gentoo and one of the tasks is the
production of flash memory updates for the firewall.  The script for
producing flash images contains calculations determining sector offsets
so that the disk image can be treated as a partitioned disk.

Is there anyway to treat a file as if it were a physical disk from the
partitioning through mounting of each individual partition and its
unmounting?  I can keep doing it the clumsy error-prone way if I need to
him but I was just trying to find out if there was an option that
reduced the opportunity for mistakes.

---eric