From: misteryellow@×××××.me
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 14:24:02
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 When attempting to create a LUKS encrypted partition, I get get "device
4 or resource busy" that prevents me to continue with the gentoo
5 installation as I would like to encrypt my boot and root partitions.
6 Whenever I continue and reach the point to install genkernel with
7 "cryptsetup" flags to generate the ramdisk with LUKS modules in it, it
8 prompts me to install thin-provisioning-tools , but the compile fails
9 for some reason and I can see that people have reported this issue in
10 July 12, but so far this ebuild has not been fixed. Also the x86
11 installation image is compiled with bash that targets i486 and those
12 downloading the i686 stage 3 tarball will be surprised to see "Illegal
13 instructions" that they are not able to chroot unless they download i486
14 tarball or compile the bash shell.
15
16 Attaching an image to this message, so you can see the error.
17
18 Cheers

gentoo.png image/png