From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 13:48:17
1 I've been using centos on one machine and checked.  When it was there it showed up in the process manager.  just checked system monitor ,it's using /sbin/init, manual for init on that machine says "upstart".  man entry also says "init is event-based init daemon"..."this is different to dependency based init daemons",  systemd is of course dependency based, unless i'm terribly confused, in which case it's time for gentoo or debian on all my boxes. (yes, i use desktops almost exclusively).
2
3 i like big screens (multiple), proper keyboards, and a mouse or trackball.)  I have a smart phone, too tiny screen, too tiny keyboard, and in this case somewhat damaged code.  Besides, it's hard to put a 3TB drive in a phone, currently.  Now when i get a brain jack one day and can run coprocessors etc. maybe  (not one of the first!) .  Other than desktops i have a couple lap tops, great when you need portable and exercise .
4
5 mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)
9 11. Dec 2017 06:30 by bradfier@×××××.me: