From: Bill Roberts <billbalt@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Connecting a Linux workstation to a Windoze server
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:23:24
1 On 14:07 Sun 23 Oct , Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I have the situation where I work that it is a total M$ setup. Our
4 > workstations use DHCP to grab IP addresses from the Win2003 server. For
5 > various reasons I want to place a Gentoo box on the network. For some
6 > reason when I try to bring up the network interface on the Gentoo box,
7 > which has a dhcp client, the dhcp client times out and I can't obviously
8 > get an IP address.
9 >
10 I'm getting my ip's form a W2k3 server, using dhcpcd as a client.
11
12 I put the following in /etd/conf.d/net:
13
14 iface_eth0="dhcp"
15 dhcpcd_eth0="-h $(hostname) -N"
16
17 I understand that Gentoo now sends the hostname by default, so the:
18
19 "-h $(hostname)"
20
21 may not be needed.