From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to configure alsa for INTEL HDA (ATI)
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 15:44:41
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> [10-09-06 17:10]:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 14:33 on Monday 06 September 2010, Nils
3 > Larsson did opine thusly:
4 >
5 > > > I did an alsaconf- and update-modules-reboot-cycle, but the only thing
6 > > > I get with alsamixer are four bars:
7 > > > master,pcm,capture,digital
8 > > >
9 > > > Seems a little too less for "high definit audio", or ?
10 > >
11 > > But what is you're missing? S/DPIF? Headphone? Front?
14 > We have
15 >
16 > a. a mail loop
17 > b. a clueless user w.r.t. vacation settings
20 > --
21 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
24 The so called user has bought a brand new mobo.
25 This mobo is the first mobo with "HD" sound.
26 So -- how should this poor guy know what is missing,
27 when it is a) not visible and b) unknown to the user?
28
29 Best regards,
30 the cluekless user